We Care About Your Privacy
This notice applies to the personal information held by Jersey Weekender Ltd (“Weekender”). It explains what information will be collected about you, how that information may be used and what steps are taken to make sure it stays private and secure. Privacy protection is something that Weekender is fully committed towards.
The Information We Collect
Our services may require the supply of personal information. We may collect it from a range of sources and it may relate to our products or services we currently provide or have provided in the past. We may also collect information about you when you interact with us, e.g. visit our websites, use our app, call us, visit our office, or ask about any of our products and services.
What We Do With The Information
All of the information collected is solely used for the purposes outlined in this document. We do not share any information with anyone outside of Weekender without prior consent from the person(s) the information relates to.
How We Make Your Information Secure
Weekender takes every necessary step to ensure that your personal information is secure. We follow strict policies and follow best practice standards of security when collecting personal information. The website uses HTTPS (This is an adaptation of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) for secure communication over a computer network) to help protect against your personal information being stolen, destroyed or divulged to third parties. Your personal details are stored at our restricted offices which have no unauthorised access.
What We Collect
Information that you provide to us, e.g:
- Personal details, such as name, gender, date and place of birth;
- contact details, address, email address, landline and mobile numbers;
- demographic information such as location;
- information concerning your identity such as photo ID and passport information;
- preferences and interests;
- other information about you that you provide by communicating with us, whether face-to-face, by phone, email, online or otherwise
What We Do With The Information We Collect
We try our best to understand your needs and provide you a high level of service. We may use the information collected for the following reasons: Internal record keeping to improve our products using your email addresses, we will from time to time send you promotional emails with things that may be of interest to you, such as news, offers and information on our products and services according to your interests.
Cookies are files which can be placed onto your computer’s hard drive, with your prior consent. There are numerous benefits to having cookies placed on your hard drive. If you have accepted, cookies are used to identify when you visit a particular site, as well as analyse web traffic. Cookies also facilitate a more personal web experience, allowing web applications to gather information about your preferences, and respond to you as an individual.
Please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information on cookies.
At Weekender, traffic log cookies are used to identify the pages that are being used. From the data provided by these cookies, we can analyse the traffic to our website and tailor it to our customer’s needs. This information is only used for the purpose of statistical analysis and the betterment of your user experience. You can choose whether to accept cookies, or not. Many web browsers accept cookies. You can decline cookies in your browser settings if you wish. However, our website and many others may no longer function correctly.
If you accept cookies, we can see which pages our visitors find useful and which are not. This provides us information to be used for a better user experience. Cookies do not allow us to do anything untoward like gain access to your computer.
What Cookies We Use
This website uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is anonymised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
- Google AdWords: We use the Google Advertising platform to promote our services. The cookies from Adwords allow us to provide a better advertising experience
- Facebook Advertising: We use Facebook advertising conversion tracking and retargeting pixels, which allows us to collect or receive information from your website and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target advertising.
- DoubleClick: We use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
Email Marketing We Send May Contain Tracking Codes
If you have opted in to receive our newsletters, then this may include tracking codes that help us understand who, as well as how many people have opened or clicked on each email. This data helps us to create better emails in the future, and provide you with a better service. This data is stored on the servers of our email partners and covered under their security measures.
Third Party Links
This website may contain links to other websites. However, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and as such are not governed by this privacy statement.
Hyperlinks on this site may be shortened to hide long links for functionality and tracking.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out at any time by emailing us which you can do via the website.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held then please contact us. If you notice or know that any information we are holding about you is incorrect, please write to or email us as at the address detailed on the website. We will correct any information you indicate to be incorrect as soon as possible.
How To Opt Out Of Cookies
Variations To The Policy
We reserve the right to alter and change information provided in this document at our own discretion and therefore this document should be regularly referred to for updates and variations. If you have any questions regarding this policy, our contact details are as follows:
Suite 35, 4 What Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3NR